Monday, July 23, 2007

Mona Lisa In Blue

I belong to a group of watercolor artists on ebay WnW (Watercolors Wet N Wild) where each month we pay tribute to one of the master painters, and create our own rendition of a selected painter each month. This month was Leonardo Da Vinci. I did a set of three aceos, which depict Mona Lisa's eyes, mouth and folded hands, however, I painted what I thought Mona would look like if she had blue eyes, and wore a blue gown. This was great fun. Here are the three paintings.





7 comments:

Joan said...

What a wonderful art project!! I would recognize her anywhere, even with those blue eyes. You captured her perfectly. Super job!

mysticalartist said...

Your art is fabulous and that video was amazing (of your son!). He's a beautiful child. I have a toddler right now and she's grown so fast! I'm trying to cherish every moment and I will definitely be more aware of my time with the second child! As a mom - I'm with you :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Lori....I met you at the Artist's Gallery in Escondido on Friday. Thanks for the opportunity to see your Blog.... beautiful!! Loved Mona Lisa!!
Take care!!
Sally

Lori Andrews said...

Joan, Thanks for your comments, always a wonderful giver in this area. :) Hugs

Mysticalartist, will have to take a look at your blog, thanks so much for taking the time to write.

Sally - So glad you could visit, hope to see you blogging soon, if not youtubing.. :) Hope you have a lovely time in North Dakota!!

laura said...

What a great idea--and these paintings are fabulous. I love them all, but the lips really amaze me--you caught the expression, and you kept such a nice softness about it!

Mónica Zúñiga said...

This is stunning! Love it! :)

Unknown said...

fabulous
beautiful